My Blog List

Monday, March 22, 2010

Blog 6- The Matrixxxxxx..

when you wake up in the morning do you ever thing about what your sole purpose of being here is? How do we differentiate reality and truth away from illusion and lies? Is it too late to be saved ?(what ever saved is in your eyes) In the movie "The Matrix" directed by Larry and Andy Wachowski creates a biblically symbolic notion that we are living in a fake reality for the pacification of the society and the truth has yet to be discovered. In "The Matrix", there is no room for the truth.
Reality:" the resemblance to what is real." So the question is: is what is given to you right before you eyes, necessarily real? The problem with the world today is that everything is taken for exactly what it is, with no question or research behind it. If everything in life is taken as it is, what does that mean for society? It gives authority the maxi um control over you. If I were a character in the movie, I wouldn't want to live in the Matrix. I don't want to the the result of puppetry, and be fed a lie in the life of the matrix. I would want to set apart from the whole and find the truth.
This movie has very parallel symbolism to the Bible. Neo is supposed to be the "chosen one"( the one let loose from the chain in the cave) So as he follows the white rabbit, he meets these people that help him see the truth. Morpheus which means: God of dreams, believed in Neo from day one before he even met him. Morpheus leads the way for Neo, and takes him to see Oracle, which means: giving answers from God. When he goes she tells him that he has a gift, what that he "was not" the one. I think she did that because she was only there to show the path, and allow free will to take it's course. Chyper was tired of living outside of the matrix and lured the Guards to the God of Dreams (Morpheus). He turned on everyone. The name Chyper means: secret writings or Zero. Finally, The only woman that kept everything together, came to get Neo and declared her love "the one", was Trinity which means: union of the father, the son and the holy spirit. When the Oracle said that Neo had a gift but he was waiting for something, I think what she was referring to was him believing.
Illusion:"something deceived by producing a false or misleading impression of reality." That sounds more like the life we live. An illusion. I think that we live in the matrix because we have so many messages being delivered to us, that we fail to search for the derivative of the meaning. We are presented with media, ads, and propaganda and have become slaves to cultural society's rule. Breaking free form this illusion of life will set me free to the real world. Reality.

8 comments:

  1. I like your essay its very detailed but the only thing i would sugest is more of your opinion rather than facts and details about the movie. I tried to give my opinion as much as possiblr when i realized i was talking just about the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeaa, I agree it was kinda hard for me to do that! Thats why I liked your essay a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. do me a favor check out 1984 by George Orwell and check out Fight Club if you haven't seen it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your essay definitely proves you did your research, but i also agree, include more of your personal opinions :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i had a few points here and there but yes next time I'll add more "me" into it. If you guys don't mind, check out my Truman Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love reading your essay about the matrix.You have so very good point that you started.I agree with everything you said.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked your essay, a lot of facts true but still well written. You should proofread before you post to fix the few errors you missed.

    ReplyDelete