My Blog List

Monday, March 22, 2010

Blog 4-Truman Syndrome

Truman syndrome is a delusional state where people feel as if they are always being watched. these people also feel like they are stuck on a reality show and that all of their movements are being monitered. Suffering from truman syndrome can occur in cultures where people are highly servalenced or where they can watch a lot of reality shows, to get the sence of what it feels like to be watched. I my opinion I think it is more of a mental mind game because I live in a society that has high access of reality shows and we are constantly servalenced whether we know it or not. Believing that you are being watched all the time can be very harmful to the people that thing that as well as their relationships with others. Some people believe that they can win money, and they do outrageous things to get the people "in on the joke's" attention. Truman Syndrome can be controlled by taking medication.
The website that I recieved my information from was http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-truman-syndrome.htm and http://www.newsweek.com/id/150492. I feel like these are pretty legit sites because I looked at other sites just as an outline and for the most part the info is the same. I just liked wisegeek because it gave me straight forward info and I liked newsweek because it gave examples of cases of the truman syndrome.

No comments:

Post a Comment