My Blog List

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Blog 25-Mirror Time

Hmm. When I graduated High School, I would never had thought that I would be a student at LaGuardia Community College, much less in a community college either. But you know what life has a crazy way of taking its own turns. I remember the day I registered they were talking about “a cluster class”. I had no idea what they were talking about, but I just took a class that was close to sociology which is my intended major. well looking back on my original plans has taught me not to go by them always and make decisions as I go along. The cluster classes have been a interesting experience as well as a learning experience as well.
Once I started the cluster classes, I knew that I had new experiences in store for me. In my Media and Society class (the reason I took this cluster) I learned a lot of things that basically opened my eyes to how the world really is, and that is what I wanted so my expectations for that class was fulfilled. Louis Lucca was a really cool professor and the pace of his class and the things we spoke about made my Monday mornings something to look forward to. And I think I speak for a lot of people when I say I HATE MONDAYS. I have never had so much fun talking about controversial topics in my life. and the students in my class made it a lot more intriguing as well, because of the different opinions people had. I mean there were some quiet ones but my classmates that did speak, made it worth while.
Of course English 101.103 was the main class in which I poured my thoughts out in, everyday or so. That was like my home class. I spent most of my time there. did most of my work there whether it was actually for Eng 101.103 or if it was for Media and Society or for American Film. Dr. Smith… lets just say he’s very cool, in a Matrix sort of way… Just kidding. But yes, I have never watched The Matrix before this class and by talking and writing about it in countless discussions and essays I don’t think I want to see it again. (sorry Dr. Smith). But in all seriousness I enjoyed analyzing the Matrix and other movies that we watched. I always think that things are not just what they seem so being able to dig deep into the Matrix, the Truman Show and other movies of the same type has strengthen my ability to do just that.
Professor Rhuben, and American film. I didn’t think that I would make it through 100 years of film. surprisingly I did. and I it wasn’t that bad. I have learned a lot about film, where certain genres came from and how each aspect of a movie is thought out very specifically to convey purpose. I like that I was able to learn all of that and then be able to use those techniques and show a movie (in that light) myself. Aside from learning movie related things I have learned to appreciate directors a lot more than I ever thought about before. They are very significant and I am able to see that now. Thanks American Film.
LIB 110 was fun as well going on field trips in order to complete assignments. Who can argue with that? I liked my 1st semester in LaGuardia and I looked forward to having other great professors in the near future. Looking back there is nothing that I regret and all I can do is hope for the best to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment